At Nene Park Trust we believe that an opportunity to participate in outdoor educational activities will enhance the learning experience of all children. From the Discovery Den Education Centre at Ferry Meadows we offer a range of educational activities designed to tie in with National Curriculum requirements at all levels. Teachers can choose from a selection of themed days developed to target specific curriculum areas or, with the help of our knowledgeable staff, can select from a wide range of activities to create a day tailored to your individual requirements. We also run sessions for after school clubs and groups.
We can provide:
- Exclusive use of the Discovery Den Education Centre including inside classroom and outdoor classroom/picnic area
- All activities led by fully trained staff.
- All equipment and materials included in the cost of your visit.
- Full risk assessments for all activities.
- Wide range of study locations including; lakes, river, woodland, grassland, wetland.
- Toilet facilities including accessible toilets.
- Free places for accompanying adults.
If you prefer to lead your own visit you can choose from a selection of downloadable activity sheets or talk to our staff about hiring our facilities and equipment. It is important that you book in any self led visits so that we can advise you of any limitations to access when you visit and ensure that you are not charged for coach/car parking during your visit.
Follow the links to the left to find more information or contact us by telephone; 01733 234 193, or e-mail; firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your individual requirements.
Nene Park Trust is proud to hold the Learning Outside the Classroom Quality Badge. This is a national benchmark that accredits providers of learning outside the classroom offering good quality educational experiences and managing risk effectively. Click here for more information about Learning Outside the Classroom and the Quality Badge .